Saturday, October 21, 2017

Sparkle

This is a bit of a late start on challenges for the month, but better late than never. For my first challenge I have chosen the challenge at Archiscraps. The challenge was to use knots.I have only used one knot on my page but I rifled through my daughters patchwork supplies and chose a lovely piece of fabric and then tied a knot in it. I am a lover of yellow. So I had a lot of fun and enjoyment putting this page together. Firstly I embossed some white cardstock which for some reason only embossed on one side and faded out to the other side. It was perfect. I would like to think that I would be able to replicate this look some time but I am really not sure why it did this. But I loved it. This is one of the great things about scrapbooking. It is never a mistake, you can always work with it...or cover it. Layering different paper and cardstock I triple matted and distressed the foundation for the photo. The edges of the photo were softened with a bit of sanding along the edges. For the background I have firstly spritzed,  then stamped  and then embossed with texture paste. I then positioned the photo on the page and arranged the flowers, twine and bling.
Sparkle
 I hope you have enjoyed my page and thank you for visiting my blog. I would love for you to leave a message so that I know you have been. Cheers and Happy Scrapping. Heather B.

5 comments:

  1. This is lovely Heather, love the colours that you have used and the layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work Heather. I adore that fabric bow.Thanks for joining us at Archiscraps this month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute layout Heather love the bow on this page. Thanks' for playing along with us. Have a nice day. Barb xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely, and the Archi-scrap inspired knotted fabric adds great dimension & texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice knot Heather. Thanks for joining in at Archiscraps this month.

    ReplyDelete