Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Cute'cumber.

The challenge at Kraft It Up for August is "Your Own Style". Well that got me thinking ..what is my style? I love lots of white space. I love flowers. I love machine stitching and I love my grandchildren. Also I like the photo to be the eyecatcher on the page.  Apart from that I'm not too sure that I have a particular style. Having said that my friends will often say " I saw a particular paper or embellishment and immediately thought of you". So maybe there is some sort of style there within my many pages.
So. I have done  a page of my grand daughter and everything I did I questioned, "is that my style?" In the end I thought what the heck and just did what I thought looked good and I think in the end that this is my style.
A Tip: When I machine stitch on my page I often put black thread in the bobbin and the  colour required  for the page on the top. This way the black creates a shadow in the stitching holes and makes it stand out more.
The title "cute'cumber" was  a suggestion from DD1. Which I thought was a great play on words.



Thanks for looking. I hope you enjoy my page.
Heather B.

3 comments:

  1. what wonderful colours for an almost tween! Great title, who ever came up with that must be quite the wordsmith! Ha ha. The thing I always like about your pages is that the photos are always worthy, they are always as interesting as your artistic embellishments and worth celebrating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous title!! Super sweet layout and those pics are priceless. What a great entry for August. Thanks for joining in with us at KIU

    ReplyDelete